Digital LA Comics Panel @Meltdown Comics Tonight Starring Hal Hefner and Thomas Janeon July 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm
If you’re in LA, please join our me and a wonderful panel of industry leaders to discuss the trending and relevant topic of DIGITAL MEDIA! The discussion will focus on digital comics (which is why I’ll be there), animation and games experts for Digital LA’s third annual Digital Comics panel.
The goal is to discuss how comics and comic book characters are part of an overall entertainment franchise, including animation, games, movies, iPad apps, web series, and promotion via social media. Which is indeed Gates!
The Scheduled Speakers:
– Thomas Jane, actor (Hung, Punisher), Founder / President of Raw Studios (comics and graphic novels publisher) @thomasjane
– TQ Jefferson, Marvel Entertainment, VP of Production, Games @Marvel
– David Uslan, Graphicly, VP of Business Development @graphicly; formerly at Branded Entertainment and ICM
– Dan Fraga, Director of Ricky Gervais show, illustrator on MTV’s Hard Times of RJ Berger animated sequences, former comic book artist for Marvel (Wolverine), DC (Superman), Image (Witchblade) @fragaboom
– Joelle Sellner, writer, Marvel Digital Holiday Issue, DC Comics Cartoon Network Action Pack. TV/animation: Avengers, Teen Titans, Jackie Chan Adventures @whereisjoelle
– Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
You can follow the discussion live via Twitter, or tweet questions so we can ask our speakers via #DigitalLAcomics on Mon 7/18 form 8-9:30p. Follow Digital LA http://twitter.com/digitalla
7 -8p: Check-in and Networking
9:30-10p Even More Networking